Because such issues involve substantial sums, getting it wrong on VAT through an error or an oversight can prove very costly.
Considering the VAT consequences as a key part of project pre-planning ensures that VAT efficiency will be maximised, particularly as it can be difficult to correct matters at a later stage.
We provide comprehensive VAT advice on all aspects of land and property for clients ranging from individual homeowners to large commercial developers, including:
- new build and development
- conversions and refurbishments
- DIY housebuilder projects
- land and property sales and supplies
- the VAT option to tax
- supplies between landlords and tenants
- the VAT capital goods scheme.
We’ll advise on the correct VAT treatment or treatments involved and ensure that any opportunities to mitigate tax liabilities are identified.