Our partners give day-to-day advice to a range of clients which makes them well suited to give an opinion in relation to the standard of advice given by others in the following fields:
- Accounts preparation
- Due diligence and corporate finance
- Capital markets and fund raising
- Independent financial advice
- Personal and corporate tax (including Capital Gains Tax (CGT), Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Income Tax)
- General book-keeping and accountancy fee disputes
- Insolvency related advice
- VAT advice
- Accountancy related IT advice
Where the standard of care is found to be wanting, we calculate the loss arising from alleged professional negligence.
We are regularly instructed by solicitors for the insurers of accountancy firms that are facing negligence claims.
In addition to accountancy negligence cases we have also acted in a number of other professional negligence cases involving patent agents, solicitors, surveyors, vets and others in which we have advised in relation to the quantum of the alleged losses.