Our forensic accountants in the South West are experienced in advising in the following areas:
- Evaluation of financial standing
- Release of capital
- Tax implications of divorce
- Assistance with the completion of the Form E
- The interaction of ancillary with POCA and confiscation orders
- Assessment of real earnings
- Pensions splitting
- Valuation of businesses and unquoted shares
There are a number of issues that can arise in a matrimonial dispute including asset identification, company valuations, liquidity issues and tax consequences of a disposal.
At one end of the spectrum, we have experience of providing cost effective advice in relation to small family businesses and at the other end we have assisted with the valuation of complex multi-million pound international groups of companies.
We can assist in the “fact finding mission”, the analysis of available information and the valuation of businesses by:
- Advising on the value of a business whether it be incorporated or unincorporated
- Assisting in the gathering of financial evidence and the identification of any “suppressed” or “hidden” assets/wealth
- Advising on taxation issues, in particular the different critical dates for cessation of marriage for Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax purposes. We can advise on Capital Gains Tax where chargeable assets are divided between the parties
- Advising on specific areas such as pension considerations
- Assessing the liquidity of a business or a particular party i.e. whether and how monies can be extracted from the business
- Advising in settlement negotiations, including the establishment of trusts and the investment of funds, so as to maximise and safeguard the wealth of both parties.