Manufacturing is at the heart of the South West economy. Around 8,500 small and medium-sized manufacturing companies in the region are key drivers for job creation and innovation as part of a sector responsible for a tenth of the value of all goods and services produced in the UK.
At Milsted Langdon in Bath, Bristol, London, Taunton and Yeovil, we have particular expertise in working with manufacturing clients, who benefit from our extensive tax, accountancy and business development expertise as well as our close links with organisations including the government-backed Manufacturing Advisory Service and Business West. Our services include:
- research and development (R&D) tax credit claims: to date, we have helped clients recover more than £1.5 million in R&D tax credits for their innovative work to advance science and technology. As well as assisting with claims, we can advise on improving record-keeping so that all eligible expenditure is claimed for
- the Patent Box initiative: Patent Box allows companies to pay ten per cent corporation tax on worldwide profits arising from patents and other intellectual property (IP). We can provide expert advice on all aspects of Patent Box, including its interaction with R&D tax credits
- corporate finance: for manufacturing businesses considering major projects or changes, including through buying or selling a business, raising additional finance for investment or growth or preparing for a change in leadership through succession planning
- comprehensive tax advice: alongside tax compliance services, we can assist manufacturing clients on strategic planning to maximise corporate tax efficiency, for example by making the most of capital allowance claims for investment in plant and machinery and tax-efficient remuneration
- VAT and international tax issues, as part of our broader specialism in cross border and international trade, to assist manufacturers in developing export strategies designed to maximise the value of doing business abroad
- improving management information: our Business Intelligence team advises on developing systems that deliver the right data to inform decision-making and drive growth
- Mindshop Consultancy: export support to assist business leaders in strategic planning and business improvement projects
- worldwide expertise: as a member of MGI Worldwide, an international network of independent accounting and consulting firms, we are able to add further value to our in-house services through access to local knowledge and expertise in MGI firms around the world
- independent financial advice: the team at our sister firm Milsted Langdon Financial Services can assist with both personal and corporate financial planning strategies, from protecting personal wealth to assistance with auto-enrolment and other workplace pensions issues.
We can also assist with issues including budgeting, forecasting, financial projections, cash flow management, credit control, optimising stock control, job costing and product pricing, business structures and restructuring,
For more information on how we can assist manufacturing businesses in Bath, Bristol, London, Taunton and Yeovil, please contact Ian Lloyd on 01225 904940 or 07919 184891 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.