Specialisms: Forensic accountancy, business valuations, commercial disputes, financial investigations, asset tracing
Helen trained as a Chartered Accountant in audit and was promoted to manager in 1997. As part of her audit experience, she saw a wide range of clients including unit and investment trusts, retail, manufacturing and services companies.
Helen has specialised in forensic accountancy since 1998, acting in a wide variety of civil and criminal cases. She has been involved in business valuations for matrimonial proceedings, shareholder disputes, probate and tax purposes. She regularly acts as a single joint expert and has given evidence in court and at tribunals.
Detailed Summary of Experience
Helen has acted as an expert in a number of cases including:
- employment, matrimonial and criminal matters
- valuations for unfair prejudice, matrimonial and fiscal purposes
- partnership and shareholder disputes
- professional negligence and personal injury matters
- fraud and asset tracing in loss of profit claims arising from business interruptions or breach of warranty claims
- employment tribunals
- actions brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act
- cases involving people charged with false accounting, fraudulent trading, money laundering and theft