General Practice Partner
Specialisms: Business advice and general accountancy
Gary Salter joined the firm in 1997, shortly after the opening of the Yeovil office. He is a general practice accountant and his previous experience includes four years as lead audit, training and compliance partner in the Exeter office of a national firm and a management accountant role for a large legal practice.
Detailed summary of experience
Gary is an experienced business advisor with a portfolio of clients covering a broad range of business sectors. His expertise includes:
- Business planning and profit maximisation
- Advising on accounting systems and management information systems
- Audit, financial reporting and compliance
- Tax planning and mitigation
- Financing and restructuring
- Numerical analysis and investigations
Gary has a thorough understanding of the problems faced by owner managed businesses and takes a practical approach to ensure that clients receive a high quality and cost effective service. He takes a keen interest in the development of the local economy and is chairman of the Yeovil Group of Chartered Accountants.
He has also lectured widely to clients and other professionals on various business planning issues.